I hate this feeling, I thought I wouldn't have to feel it again. The anxiety, the stinging throat and eyes that well up without notice. I don't know how I've only realised this now. Less than two weeks and you'll be gone. It's not like her, you can't just drive down every now and then and spend a weekend. You'll be gone and I don't think I'm going to ever see you again. You aren't going to be just a couple hours away. Sure we'll keep in contact but it's not the same as seeing your beautiful face everyday. I want you to know something; I took you for granted and I'm sorry. I sent you a text message last night telling you how I felt about you leaving but I feel like it wasn't enough. I somehow thought that this wouldn't happen or that I wouldn't have to deal with it, but it's here and it hurts. You were always there to talk to when I felt I had no one else. I thought I wouldn't have to feel this again but I'm realising over the next few years everything's going to change more and more people are going to leave. You're too beautiful to be broken, I hope you love your new life and your new town and I hope I do see you soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment