Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Best friends forever."

 
 
I've been reading old posts on this blog. They've made me smile, they've made me happy, they've made me nostalgic, they've made me cry. I have photos and writing about people who I swore to myself I would never let go. I felt capable to love them forever. One person in particular these posts have reminded me of, is someone who I considered blood. In fact, we were thicker than blood. I loved her, I loved her, oh did I love her. She was my everything. I remember her distintcly saying that we were going to grow old together. We were going to be old ladies sitting together and still crying from laughter and being ridiculous together. We promised each other "forever."
I've learnt that things change and sometimes you can't change how that is. You can't change a person, you can't save a person and you can't hold onto old memories because it hurts too much. Sometimes you have to let someone go, not just for their sake but for yours aswell. Sometimes shit happens and that's how life is. Nothing is forever and you have to appreciate what you have right here and right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment